BOOKS AVAILABLE AS OF JULY 2015
My new books have been produced by Springer-Praxis Books as part of their Space Exploration series. The books are available as paperbacks and in Kindle format.
Both books are rich with first-person accounts from the perspectives of more than 70 workers from the Apollo era at KSC - NASA and contractors; managers, engineers, technicians, and astronauts; spacecraft, launch vehicle operations, and technical support. In addition to hearing how things were supposed to work, you'll read fascinating stories of famous and previously-untold incidents at Kennedy throughout the Apollo program.
• Setting the Stage for Apollo/Saturn: 1960-1966
• The Apollo 1 Fire
• The Spacecraft Assembly and Checkout Facilities
• The VAB and the Mobile Launcher
• The Launch Control Center and Firing Rooms
• Launch Pads 39A and 39B
• Life at the Launch Pad
• Epilogue: The End of an Era.
331 pages, 201 illustrations (89 in color)
• Controlling Complexity
• Requirements, Tests, and Computerization
• The MSOB and the CSM Processing Flow
• The LM Processing Flow/L Minus 181 Days
• The Space Vehicle Processing Flow in the VAB
• The Processing Flow at the Launch Pad/L Minus 57 Days
• Countdown Demonstration Test/L Minus 19 Days
• Launch Countdown/T Minus 130 Hours
• Plus Time and Near Misses
• Epilogue: Would It Actually Work?
431 pages, 268 illustrations (76 in color).
Buy an autographed copy of "Rocket Ranch" $39.99 + $5.70 shipping (US only)
SPECIAL! Buy autographed copies of both books together for $75 Save $10 off list price!
Buy an autographed copy of "Countdown to a Moon Launch" for $44.99 + $5.70 shipping (US only)
Buy autographed copies of both "Rocket Ranch" and "Countdown" $75.00 + $5.70 shipping (US only)
IMPORTANT REMINDER: In the "Comments" section of the order form, please provide instructions on how you would like the books to be inscribed (location, pen color, name, special message, etc.).
Books will be shipped by Priority Mail.